Wednesday 30 June 2010

On Tuesday the 29Th June we went up to The Royal London for my post op check (5 wks 1 day since op) Christopher Green tried to programme my SCS so that it may help with my lower back pain but to no avail! My lower back pain is still as bad as before!
I knew that this wouldn't work but it was worth a try anyway! He did give me a better programme that goes down both legs which is a good sensation! I still have been walking with two sticks as the SCS makes me unstable.

I told him about the bad lead pain that I am getting and he said that it will take up to a year for things to settle as they have to push the wires from the spinal cord up down and around and into my tummy (the best way to described it is: like pushing a skewer through the incision and around) so no wonder I am in agony with it!! (sorry if it is a bit graphic)

We asked "what would happen if I lost my remote" basically I have got to guard it with my life as they will not give me another if I lose this one. So Hubby is going to insure it today! They cost a whopping £700. I am going to buy a white permanent marker and write my name and number on it just in case. We were thinking of buying a back up one but then that would have to be programmed in. I also have to buy my own charging pads which aren't too badly priced!
I will be able to drive if I want to but I am not allowed to have my stimulator on incase I have a surge and I have an accident.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely valuable information that you have written above. I am really impress with your working. Quite helpful and valuable information.Thank you for sharing.

    Regards,
    Sciatic nerve leg pain in london

    ReplyDelete