Sunday 6 June 2010

2nd operation revisional S1 root decompression operation

After having numerous treatments none of which were working I was referred to Mr Gullan (a Neurosurgeon) who performed a Decompression operation which took approx 4hrs maybe more!
I was sent home after a week hardly able to walk and in lots of pain, relying on 2 crutches.
Medication that I was on were: Diclofenac, Amitriptyline 150mg at night, Dihydrocodeine, Bisocodyl, Lactulose, and fibrogel (lovely stuff)not!!!

The surgeon did tell me that there was so much scar tissue from my previous op that he couldnt do any more for me and that he tried to take away some of the scar tissue around the nerves but it was like a telephone wire all clogged and sticky! so I had nerve damage, a ruptured disc which causes me to have Sciatica and nerve pain in my left foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment