Monday 7 June 2010

The Big Day implant put inside monday 24th May 10

Was awoken about 6am this morning! Mr Ellamushi came in on his day off to perform my operation for my Permanant Implant. He asked how I was feeling I said that "it felt as though a horse had stamped on my back" but apart from that I was looking forward to having the implant put in!

I did ask him if I could have the implant put in my tummy rather than my buttock and he said that as long as the leads are long enough that will be possible!

I went down for my operation at 9am and was down for approx 2-3 hours.

Again when I came around back in the ward the "Boston Scientific Man" was there ready to programme me in!! I am now officially "The Bionic Woman" He added another programme so I have 4 altogether now!

The Stimulator is implanted in my tummy and I have a Hand held remote, a battery charger and battery with a belt or I can use sticky pads so I can charge it when mobile!

No comments:

Post a Comment