Sunday 6 June 2010

Chronic Pain Managment

After having my Discectomy instead of making things easier pain wise nothing changed and in fact made things worse! I couldnt sit for long periods of time,I used to lay down and from when my Disc prolapsed I couldnt lay on my left side and always had to have a pillow between my legs and pillows behind my back to support it! And even after twelve years I still had to sleep in this position!
I was so horrible to live with and I would just snap at everyone shout, cry, just miserable! not fair on anyone.
My Dad used to come down by bike to take my youngest to school (spud used to enjoy his rides morning and afternoon) Dad never drove so he made a special seat for him to sit on his bike!
Mum used to come down and help out. Hubby was and still is so supportive!

I was given an appt to see the local Pain Management team who listened to everything we had to say and were very helpful.
I even thought to myself that it was all in my mind and that I didnt have a bad back (apparently thats what people think)
We talked about the feelings that I felt and it is actually like when you lose someone, you go through a process of :Anger, Sadness, Grief, Depression, Hurt, Selfishness, Selflessness, all of these feelings they are so weird! But as time goes on these feelings do ease as I have learnt that life isnt just about me its about the whole family because it effects everyone!
No-one likes to see people in pain and if you wallow in self pity it doesnt help!

No comments:

Post a Comment