Sunday 6 June 2010

Final straw 1998

On the ninth of October 1998 I lifted up my little Nephew he was only a toddler then I felt a little pain in my lower back but didnt think much of this and carried on as normal. I drove my car Picked up my mum and went food shopping.
On returning home I lifted the shopping from the boot of the car and on doing so felt an awful pain shoot from my lower back and down my left leg!
I managed to get indoors and get down onto the floor but I just couldnt move an inch! Every little movement even breathing really hurt!
My Husband phoned for my Doctor and luckily she came out on a home visit (I was her first patient as she had only just started working for the practice) She prescribed strong painkillers and said to rest up and only get up to use the toilet if possible Dr G came to visit me all the time and was very supportive!
I laid on the floor for approx 9weeks (which was really far too long) I was so depressed and was constantly crying, this affected me mentally and physically especially when I had to rely on other people to do so much for me! and because of not being mobile I was so constipated and to sit on the toilet for so long too didnt help one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment