Wednesday 2 February 2011

plodding along!

I really hope that the weather will start to get nicer as the cold doesn't help my pain in the least!
I wrote to a lady on the backcare forum the other day and this is what I wrote: This are going on OK, I am still in a lot of pain with my lower back and still taking all of my meds.
I have been suffering with torn ligaments in my shoulder blade over Christmas ( not to do with my back at all) I don't know how this happened) My Dr gave me some cream to rub on the area.

Unfortunately a while back I was admitted to my hospital as I had a really bad Migraine and the Consultant said that it may have had something to do with my SCS, So I am a little worried that I may get these attacks regularly.
I will be having My Yearly check soon so I hope that they will be able to adjust my SCS a little bit better for me. I tend to keep it still on 24/7 normally on the same setting all of the time!

I still find it quite hard to cope with the fact that I have Failed Back Surgery syndrome and obviously I cannot do the things that I use to do, But I make the most of what I do have and try to take my mind off of my pain by card making and my Husband makes me laugh, we have fun and what I mustn't forget is my family suffer also, so I try to be jolly for them really!

3 comments:

  1. Hi sue

    I would love to chat with you.

    I am having my SCS fitted in a few weeks and did a search on the net for some more info and I stumbled on your blog today.

    My first reaction after reading your experience was to cancel my op and suffer, you really sound like you have been through the mills. The more and more I read, the more and more I feel like I am making the wrong decision to have this done.

    Please please please can you email me, would love to pick your brains and hoping you can help me decide what to do. That's if you want to !!

    You have provided a fantastic incite to what to expect and can't thank you enough for blogging about it.

    Hope to hear from you

    Alan
    Email: fluffy43 (@) hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand back pain is a torturous experience. Get well soon. My best wishes for you always.

    laser spine treatment Houston, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is heather and I had two failed back surgeries and now i am on disability and few months back they said now I have multiple schelosis (sp). im 26 yrs old and married and live with constant nerve and sciatic pain in my right leg...some days it unbearable.. I take lots of meds to help. the doc just recently told me about a scs and to take a look. I dont want to do it because I hear that you get new pain and that it helps with nerve pain but then the newer pain comes and ur still stuck with pain...im like whats the point then..you know? Anyways can you give me your own opinion on what you think now about it all..my email is hramirez5151@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete